Bistrot Pierre Recipe: bavarois et compote de fruits rouges
This month we're sharing a delightful summery recipe from Bistrot Pierre; bavarois et compote de fruits rouges.
Try making our irresistible buttermilk pudding with a berry compote, not too naughty but very, very nice.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
320g Fruits of the Forest
64g Caster sugar
350ml Double cream
75g Caster sugar
3 Leaves of leaf gelatine
Mise en Pace:
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water for 20 minutes.
2. Defrost the berries in a colander and catch the liquid in a container.
3. Place the sugar and liquid into a pan and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce by half.
5. Remove from the heat and gently stir through the berries ensuring that they remain whole
1. Scrape the vanilla pod to remove all the pulp and place both the pod and pulp into a hot pan with the cream and sugar.
2. Bring the cream to the boil ensuring it does not boil over or reduce.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, squeeze the residual water out of the gelatine and whisk it into the cream.
4. Whisk in the buttermilk - ensuring you do not heat otherwise itll split.
5. Pass through a fine chinois and pour 150g of the mixture into each pudding mould.
6. Carefully place each pudding mould into the fridge to set for 2 hours.
7. Once the puddings have set, evenly distribute the berry compote between all seven desserts.
Posted: Monday 3rd July 2017
ID: 3109 - 1897